Sunday, June 28, 2015

Fix VirtualBox Problems after I get Ubuntu updated

VirtualBox does not work after I did some updates on my ubuntu(due to the annoying update alert messages or anything)
An error message popped up saying"VBoxClient: VirtualBox kernel services is not running." the effect is that I can't even move cursor in my guest Ubuntu window area, the terminal still works but I hardly can do anything with the Desktop or any GUI. and obviously that some of my VirtualBox core files were broken by the Damn stupid updates!

Then I search the Google for any possible solution for this, however I can't find a work one, and mostly are unrelated topics, it seems this happened very rarely, it's bad (some kind of desperate) when you can't find a solution from internet, so I tried by myself, I even tried to re-install my nVirtualBox, however it still not work. I tried to restart the vbox service, set it as auto restart, no working!

However, after a long time of trying, finally I come up with a very simple solution:
Just re-install the VirtualBox-GuestAdditions in Ubuntu!
Find GuestAdditions virtual drive in your left-side bar, right click the GuestAdditions and click run.
after that, reboot the system.
then:
cd /opt/VBoxGuestAdditions-4.3.28/init
sudo ./vboxadd setup


done!


No comments:

Post a Comment